What Is Black Mold?
If you notice an unpleasant musty smell in your home and suspect the possibility of mold damage, the situation can be alarming. It’s easy to think every suspicious spot could be hazardous to your health. But with the right restoration company, you can live mold-free.
How To Identify Black Mold
The most important thing to remember when identifying black mold is that it doesn’t look like the green fuzzy stuff you sometimes see in old basements—it’s a dark, almost black color. It tends to grow in patches and often has a somewhat slimy texture.
Our Certified Technicians Are Ready
Our highly trained professionals use specialized equipment to detect and eliminate the source of mold infestation. Once the source is eliminated, we use a combination of antimicrobial and antibacterial treatments to eradicate the mold — leaving your home in pristine condition.
Bid Black Mold Goodbye with SERVPRO
Say goodbye to the days of worrying about black mold in your home. With SERVPRO, you can rest easy knowing that our professional team has got you covered. Our robust and efficient treatments are sure to eradicate traces of black mold from your walls and ceilings so that you can be safe again in the comfort of your home.
Get started with these simple steps:
- Tell us about your mold situation.
- We will eradicate the problem.
- You can enjoy a mold-free home.
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of Twin Falls & Jerome Counties immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (208) 735-1447
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Twin Falls & Jerome Counties is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Twin Falls
- Rock Creek